Instructions: Click the assignment links and look for my comments. If you're not sure how to find my comments, click to learn how.
Longman English Dictionary - Click for an example of using the dictionary. Then click for the dictionary website.
- Friendly letter format - Click for an example, then click to see the parts.
- Parts of an essay - Look for the title 'Parts of an Essay' and read the information below it. Be sure to read the sections The Introduction, The Body, and Conclusion. Click the links in each of those sections to find examples.
- Parts of an essay - Optional: Another lesson It's interactive.
- Essay Map - - Optional: If it helps, you can use this tool to guide your essay writing. Click for a video with instructions, then click to use the essay map tool.
- Noun, verb, adjective, adverb - click for a video lesson. Click for a list of common word endings. This is for your reference, not to memorize. Look at the bottom box to see words in their various forms. This will help you recognize a word form when you see it, and it will help you make the word forms when you write and speak.
- Simple future tense verb forms - lesson
- Comparative adjectives - click for a lesson, then click for practice. Instructions for the practice: Write or type the sentences including the missing comparative adjectives. After, move to the bottom of the page to check your answers.
- Prepositions of place - click for a lesson. After, click for practice.
- Adjective clause - click for a video lesson. After, click for examples. Then, click for practice, and click the link below Part C to check your answers.
- Indefinite pronoun subject-verb agreement - click for a lesson, and try the exercise below it.
- Uses of 'it' - click for a lesson. Try the practice exercise below the lesson
- Word forms - click for a video lesson. After, click to practice - on that page, look for the section Learn Word Forms, and move down the page to read the lesson and click in the circles next the correct answers, then click Check answers to check yourself.
- Articles: When to use a and an - click for a video lesson with practice.
- Articles - lesson and practice
- Preposition 'for' - click to go to the web page. On that page, please read number 11 rule and examples.
- Simple present tense for facts and generalizations - click for a lesson. Look for Use 2: Facts or Generalizations.
- Countable and uncountable nouns - click for a video lesson. After, click to quiz yourself. On that page, look for the section Countable and Uncountable nouns and follow the instructions. After you finish the 12 questions, click the green Submit Answers button to check.
- Active and passive verbs - click for a lesson and practice. On that page, look for the title Voice to begin the lesson. Near the bottom of the page, click the brown links to continue the lesson and practice.
- Simple past verb forms - click to watch a video with examples (you can ignore the advertisement at the beginning)
- Simple past verb tense - lesson and practice
- Simple present verb tense forms - lists (just study the section Most Verbs and the section To Be) and practice (Follow the instructions, then click Done at the bottom of the page to check your answers.)
- Parallel structure - click for a lesson, then click the link at the bottom for a self-test.
- Run-on sentences - click for a video lesson, then click for a practice exercise.